Does your life seem out of control? Do you always feel like you are running from one activity to the next without taking a break?
Never underestimate the importance of 5 minutes. No matter how busy a day we have, we all have 5 minutes to spare in our day and it can do so much to change our perspective on the pressures of our life in the here and now.
What can be accomplished in 5 minutes and how does it help our journey of self discovery?
- Take 5 minutes each day to clear out some clutter in your life. Maybe a work area, a pantry or a garage. Allow yourself to enjoy the moment when you have completed it! Clutter free lives help us to think more clearly and to focus on our work. Research shows that people with a tidy work area achieve more productivity than those with a cluttered area.
- Take 5 minutes to go for a walk and find something beautiful in your world you haven’t seen before. It will open up a way to count the other blessings in your life that often stay hidden from view as we are often too busy to enjoy them.
- Take 5 minutes to do some exercise and marvel at how much fitter you feel today than you did yesterday. If you don’t have time to exercise for long periods during the day, 6 lots of 5 minutes add up to a 30 minute workout every day.
- Take 5 minutes to pray, meditate or have some periods in your day, where you reflect on yourself and your spiritual health and well being. If you believe in God, ensure you protect this time in the business of your day as spiritual well being is an important part of a holistic approach to life.
- Take 5 minutes to fix a proper meal for your family and not find yourself too busy so you buy take away every night. Your body needs good nutrition. Ensure you have plenty of vegetables and fruit as well as lean protein and good carbohydrates and oil in your diet to maintain your body in good health. Enjoy the difference it makes to your energy levels.
- Go to bed 5 minutes earlier each night so you re create sleep and wake cycles help maintain your focus and alertness.
Never underestimate the power of 5 minutes in your life!